Tuesday, March 27, 2012

For My Lexi




Dear daughter of mine, this is what I want you to know:

I want you to grow up knowing that you are beautiful, just like every other person in this world.  I also want you to realize that appearance doesn’t actually matter in the grand scheme of things.  Let your beauty be in your love.

I want you to know that you are going to hear so many messages in life telling you you’re incomplete.   They are lying.

I want you to understand that, even though your mommy is a bad example, insecurities are not an integral part of being a woman.

I want you to always remember that you are loved, not just by your family, but by the God of the universe.

I want you to believe that giving really is better than receiving.

I want you to know that some boy might end up breaking your heart in the future.  Run to God for comfort first.  I’m perfectly willing to be second in line.

I also want you to know that your daddy is a great example of what to look for in a loving man, when you’re ready to open your heart again.

I want you to know that when you get your driver’s license, I will expect you to check in with me every ten minutes.  That should be temporary.

I want you to know that as my belly expands with this new baby, so does my heart.  I am incapable of loving you any less than I already do.  Even with your epic tantrums.

You are loved.  I’ve already said that, but it needs to be repeated and remembered every day.  You. Are. Loved.




*Sorry for the silence here the past week!  Mornings filled with nausea, and evenings with work have kept me otherwise occupied.  I've also been contemplating the direction I want this little blog to go.  I haven't quite figured that out yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to let you know!*

No comments:

Post a Comment