Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

Happy New Year everybody!  Have you made any resolutions for the year?  I had a cashier at Wal-Mart ask me that on Friday, and I told her no.  Being the queen of unfinished projects, making resolutions seems like just setting myself up for failure.  But, that question started me thinking about whether there was anything I really wanted to pursue this year, since that's what resolutions really are: pursuing a goal, whether that goal is weight loss, being more organized, or getting out of debt.  I decided not to resolve to anything, but there's someone I want to pursue, more and more each year, month, day, and minute: God.  It's so easy for me to be distracted, (especially by shiny objects!), but in spite of all the objects and situations that scream for my attention, the most important part of my life needs to be God.  A verse from the song "Come, Thou Fount" sums up what I'm trying to say, so I'll leave you with that.



       "O to grace how great a debtor 
 daily I'm constrained to be! 
 Let thy goodness, like a fetter, 
 bind my wandering heart to thee. 
 Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, 
 prone to leave the God I love; 
 here's my heart, O take and seal it, 
 seal it for thy courts above."

Here's to an awesome 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment