Friday, January 20, 2012

FTF - Mata Traders

Today's fair trade company I'd like to share with you is one of the first companies I discovered when I was introduced to the concept of fair trade. Their name is Mata Traders, and they feature beautiful clothing and accessories (with some home decor items thrown in for good measure). I love their mission statement featured on their website: "At Mata Traders we believe that giving women economic power and viable working skills can transform a community (and so the world) and is the surest way to combat poverty. That’s why all of our fair trade clothing and accessories are handmade by women’s cooperatives in India and Nepal. We work with local communities and use traditional artisan skills to create products that make the world a better place - and make YOU look good too!"  And they're not lying, their products are beautiful!  Like this dress, for example:

Oak Park Dress
Seriously, how adorable is this dress?  I'm a big fan of the color too, I can't seem to get enough of teal/turquoise tones lately.  Which brings me to this necklace:

Macrame Necklace
Let's face it.  Statement necklaces are here to stay.  I'm actually pretty happy about that, since they are definitely the easiest way to help dress up a look.  And what's better than two million beads in a gorgeous hue to adorn your neck?  (Well, umm, I can think of a few things, but that's not my point!)

Ravinia Top
Since I started this turquoise train, I might as well continue to ride it.  I love this top.  I love the color, the cut, and the hand appliqued details along the neckline.  I also happen to love that it's on sale for about half the original price. 

There's so, so, SO much more on the Mata Traders website, and I found out a few weeks ago, there's a local store here in Fayetteville that carries some of their jewelry, including the Macrame necklace I featured here.  Anyone in the area that hasn't been to The Mustache is missing out!

Well, that's all for me today, I hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment