Tuesday, August 16, 2011

El Centro (that's spanish for: The Centro)

Lately, I have had nothing to write about. I take that back. I have had plenty to write about, if all I was going to postulate on was fashion. I could go on for days about what I love/hate/admire/want/envy in regards to fashion, and all things fashion-related. I just got the new Marie Claire, and it's the Fall Fashion extravaganza, the magazine that comes out right before the season change that's thick enough to double as Lexi's booster seat. I'm sure if I looked hard enough, or just picked the magazine up, that I could find plenty of inspiration.

But, that's not what I want this blog to be. Yes, it involves fashion. Yes, I do go out into my apartment courtyard with a tripod and look like a crazy lady just to get pictures of myself. But, the center of my life, the 'Sun' that I orbit, is not fashion, nor clothing, nor photographs or makeup. It's God, and lately, I haven't been acting that way. It shows. I heard someone recently describe their relationship with God in the same terms as an addiction to caffeine. The day you skip your coffee, you feel it. You're cranky, tired, and completely focused on what it takes to just make it through the day. You feel incomplete.

All of that describes me over the past week. I went on a trip, got back, and skipped my daily study time. I pored over all the blogs I follow, picked up more and more style inspiration, and coveted all the things I didn't have. Then, the weekend hit, and I was (for lack of a better term) a royal b***h. I was angry at myself for not writing, angry at my husband for, well, I'm not really sure, and angry at God for not giving me outstanding insights into Himself so that I could write about them and sound super-duper spiritual and amazing. My focus had shifted, and it showed up in a very visible way. After a nice little 45-minute cry in the bathroom on Saturday, I realized that I needed to re-center my life again.

This blog is not about me. It is simply meant to be a small window into the life that God has given me, and it is impossible for me to write about my life without including Him. "So whether you eat or drink, or [blog about fashion, or] whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1 Cor. 10:31)" Trying to pursue anything else would be pointless.





(yes, I did censor this photo... I just don't know you well enough to let you see the color of my foundation garments!)



Outfit Details:
Top: Eddie Bauer Outlet, $9
White Tank: Abercrombie, $10 (old)
Skirt: Wet Seal, $8 (old)
Belt: my mom's closet
Shoes: Aeropostale, $10
Necklace: Target, I think...?
Earrings: Icing by Claire's, don't recall

No comments:

Post a Comment