Friday, December 2, 2011

Introducing Fair Trade Friday!


This week, I would like to introduce a weekly feature I’m beginning known as Fair Trade Friday.  For anyone unfamiliar with the term ‘fair trade,’ here’s a nifty definition from The Google to help:”Fair Trade is trade that is carried on legally, or a trade in which fair prices are paid to producers in developing countries.”  Basically, these products are quality pieces which are re-sold to us, the consumer, at a price that helps support their producers by ensuring they receive fair compensation for their products.  In addition, fair trade companies promise that their employees and suppliers are working in humane, safe conditions, and are not exploited in any way.  The companies I’ll be featuring are wonderful examples of organizations that are trying to better other people’s lives, while offering us the opportunity to both buy beautiful things and help to support those people.

The first company I’d like to share with you is called JOYN.  They are committed to helping bring a market to artisans located in the mountains of northern India.  They feature both accessories and home furnishings made with beautifully hand-stamped fabrics.  Their story is a wonderful one, and I’d encourage you to read more about them here: http://joynindia.com/about/

What I’d really like to share is their products.  JOYN has a full catalog for their Fall/Winter line on their website, and I’ve picked out a few of my favorites:


I love the design of this bag, as well as the color!  Yellow is definitely my favorite, no offense to those other colors out there!


Here’s another gorgeous yellow item that may or may not be at the top of my Christmas list. (hint hint)

And, even though I’m really not big on home decorating, I have a feeling that would be a lot easier if everything I had to choose from were as amazing as this table runner!

Jewelry from JOYN is currently available online through Dayspring, and there’s a great selection of their purses on the site Purse and Clutch.  A lot more of their products are available at some local shops here in Fayetteville, that are listed on the JOYN website.

No comments:

Post a Comment