Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yesterday...

I think I managed to go through the six stages of grief over the span two days (but, you say, I thought there was only five stages? Well, my friends, my version has been edited to include the "contemplating the abandonment of a new blog project" stage. I can say, I'm past that one.) The husband was there to hold me as I cried and mourned and wrestled with my unfounded anger at God. I'm still looking for the good in the situation, but I also realize that only God knows the big picture, and sometimes you don't find out until later what purpose loss can serve.

I also decided to continue with my postings, and to keep the name. I hope there can be another "button" added to our family in the future, and until then, I'll continue loving the little girl we've already been blessed with. And, I'll continue to get dressed most days (unlike today, which was spent in sweatpants) and taking pictures for all to enjoy. ;)

Yesterday was started with a shower, to get ready for going to a Stonecroft Ministries luncheon with my mom. This luncheon cracks me up, simply because there is no one under the age of 60 there, making me, obviously, the youngster. I've been attending these little monthly meetings at the invitation of my mom, who is the second youngest attendee. I had forgotten that they were having a "Red, White, and Blue" theme for the afternoon, and coincidentally showed up wearing pink, white, and blue, which shows that my psychic powers might need a little tweaking. I did wear my new red lip stain from New York Color (in Rock On Ruby), which is awesome, but is also a stain. Guess which finger I used to blot.





After that, we headed over to the in-law's to drop off the baby before heading to our church's small group Bible study. Lexi got to run around like a crazy person in their back yard, as the husband and I took some outfit shots.




*Aaaaaugh! Jelly sandals and nail polish on baby feet! Too much cute!*




*Check out the awesome "blogger knot" at the bottom of shirt. I don't know if that's actually what it's called, but I like the name. It makes me sound like a literary astronaut, or juggernaut, or any other -naut. (Mothernaut? I like it!)*

Outfit Details:
Shirt: Hanes Men's Undershirt, $11 for five
Jeans: J & Company from Plato's Closet, $4
Shoes: Charlotte Russe from Daisy Exchange, $6
Necklace and Earrings: One Dollar Jewelry Galore, $1 each


And finally, for your enjoyment, is a rousing game of "Find the Baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment