Friday, July 8, 2011

The Family welcomes The Button

So, I'm never really sure how to start an introduction post for myself without sounding super cheesy, but I'll try to keep this short and simple.

Hi, I'm Grace. This is my husband Andrew and myself on our wedding day:



A few months after this picture was taken, our daughter Alexis was born after the *best* 31 hours I have ever spent in labor. She is adorable, and the definition of an overachiever. We love that little girl, but weren't really looking to expand our family for the time being. God has a nice little habit of changing up our plans, though.



That's right, I took two tests this morning and found out I'm preggers. Which means our daughter will be about two when her little brother or sister arrives. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to take it all in stride, however. One of the great things about having faith that God knows what he's doing is the almost irrational sense of peace I get in these unexpected moments of my life.

Anyways, I've been mulling over the idea of starting a fashion blog for some time, and have decided to go ahead with my plans, and document my sartorial choices as our 'little button' starts to grow in my belly. I'm not going to promise an outfit post every day, because you can be sure I will have those pregnant days where anything beyond sweatpants and flip-flops are out of the question. I can promise pictures of little Lexi (which will be completely adorable beyond belief) on those days. She's generally more photogenic than I am, so that will be a favor, believe me.

SO, here's what I wore today, to eat a dinner out with the family:



And, here's Lexi's response to the news:


(I'm sure she'd be excited if she knew what we were talking about...)

Outfit Details:
Dress: Merona for Target, $6 at Plato's Closet
Shoes: Black Converse, $35 and I don't remember where they were purchased.
Sash: from Icing by Claire's, old
Necklace: $6, eBay'ed
Earrings: $1 Jewelry Galore (guess how much they were!)

No comments:

Post a Comment