Saturday, July 9, 2011

Laundry Day

So, this morning we had a total stranger pay for our breakfast, which was pretty cool, and an awesome start to the day. Apparently a gentleman and his wife had noticed my husband and I cleaning up the mess our daughter made on the restaurant floor, and offered to pay for our meal. He said that it showed what type of people we are, that we would do something like that. I'm incredibly flattered, but also have to confess, we might do that out of more selfish reasons than people might think. My husband and myself have both worked in restaurants, and have been known to complain about "those parents" that can't clean up after their kids. Therefore, we make every effort not to give other restaurant workers the opportunity to refer to us as "those parents." But, the breakfast was delicious, and I am extremely thankful that it also ended up being free!

After we finished eating, we headed over to my in-law's house to take advantage of their (free) washing machine, since the laundry facilities in our apartment complex require quarters. While there, I took some pictures:






1. Lexi's foot, and one of her adorable shoes. Purple? Check. Sparkly? Check. Awesome? Check Check.
2. My super cute brother-in-law, Nathan, who was just adopted from China at the beginning of this year. You can read more about my mother-in-law's journey through adoption on her blog, Another Blessing from China.
3. Alexis and Penny (our dog), refusing to look at each other.
4. My daughter, who somehow ended up pantsless at the end of the night, shake shake shakin' my keys.

Overall, it was a fairly uneventful day spent with family in the air conditioning. Because, it's an Arkansas summer, ya'll, which means ridiculous outside temperatures around, um, 97 degrees. Ugh.

I put together today's outfit based on the heat, but decided I may not wear these shorts again until my skin is actually a darker shade than them.



Outfit Details:
Shirt: thrifted, $7
Shorts: Aeropostale, $13 (old), diy hem
Shoes: Sseko Sandals, $47




Necklaces:
Whistle: from Falling Whistles, $34
Flower: from Wal-Mart, $7 (old)
Guitar: Really old, from the Roy Rogers Museum when I attended forever ago!




Finally, a close up of my shoes from Sseko Sandals. If you haven't heard of this company, I highly suggest checking them out! Not only are they adorable and customizable, but the story behind them is incredible.

Oh yeah, and it's a ton of fun to hang out with family and NOT tell them you're pregnant. I felt like the news was going to spontaneously bust out of me, but it was also really nice sharing little secret smiles all day with the husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment