Friday, December 30, 2011

FTF - Half United

Hey, guys, it's Friday again, and that means another installment of Fair Trade Friday!  Are you excited, because I know I am!  I wanted to share a company with you that I've known about for a while, but I'll have to fudge the boundaries of FTF to do so.  Technically speaking, this company isn't fair trade.  But, that doesn't mean that they're not doing amazing things, specifically working to fight global hunger with the sale of their products.  The company's name is Half United, and they're a fairly new company.  They were founded in 2009 by a brother and sister team with the concept that children in need would be fed with every purchase made.  The founders, Carmin and Christian Black, have their own intriguing back-story, that you can read on the website.  What I really love about this company is not just that they're doing an amazing job with fighting global hunger (according to the site, Half United has given away 30,000 meals to date), but that their products are really cool and wearable.  Here are my favorites:
Cambodian Bracelet
These bracelets are made by children in a Cambodian orphanage as an arts and crafts activity, with $3 from the bracelet going straight back to the child to help care for their needs.  They're also right on trend with the friendship bracelets that seem to be making appearances everywhere.

Aztec Sunburst Dress
Another huge trend is southwestern inspired wear, and this dress/tunic is a great example of it!  The sunburst pattern is gorgeous, and I love the color scheme.  And, there's an added bonus: this dress is currently half price!

Bright Eyes Sweatshirt
Not gonna lie, I love animal print.  The only thing I love more than animal print would have to be an animal's face emblazoned on a super comfy sweatshirt.  The only thing better than that is a animal-face printed sweatshirt is one that provides a week of healthy school lunches to a child in need.  Looks like I've found my  perfect match!

Thanks for reading!  Be sure to check out the Half United website, if you're so inclined, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Cambodian bracelets very much! I can pair them up with my African tribal bangles. Must check out the website.

    ReplyDelete