Friday, September 23, 2011

The Challenge

No outfit shots today, honestly I think I've only gotten out of sweatpants twice this week.  I haven't really had the motivation to write, or really to do anything, and I think it's because I've gotten off track.  I got caught up in the clothes, the outfits that I put together.  My mind would race through the contents of my closet every night in bed as I planned out what I would wear the next day.  I had moved away from my center, and God decided to remind me recently of what's important.  In church, we're in the middle of Colossians, and it's been challenging.  I'll leave you with the verses that have impacted me most so far (and suprise! they mention clothes!):

(from Chapter 3) 12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
 16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.



No comments:

Post a Comment