Friday, February 17, 2012

FTF - Indigenous Designs

I found today's fair trade company through one of those Google ads that are here on the blog.  I thought it only fair that I shared them with you as well!  The company is called Indigenous Designs, and they've got some great  clothes on their website.  The company was founded in 1993, after one of the founders had encountered some of the beautiful work of artisans in South America.  He came back with an idea for a business model, and a company, with a commitment to sustainability and socially responsible actions, was created.  Their products are made with eco-friendly and organic fibers, dyed without harmful chemicals, and handmade by artisans that are paid a fair and livable wage.   And their products are gorgeous!  Take this cardigan, for example:

Belted Silk Cardigan
I know spring is on it's way, but the past week has been kinda dreary in these parts.  Dreary weather always makes me crave cozy sweaters, and this one is gorgeous!

Striped Poncho
Speaking of cozy, how comfy would this poncho be? (Rhetorical question, by the way...)  I'm in love with neutral tones lately, especially camel.  This little caplet of comfy is also available in green.

Flower Pins
How fun are these little pins? (Okay, enough with the questions!)  I love all the little colors, and I'm already making a mental list of everything in my closet I'd want to pin these on.

There's so many more products on the Indigenous Designs website, as well as more information on the backstory of the company.  Thanks for reading today!

*Total side note: did you know my niece (the photographer) has a fashion blog now?  She's got this amazing sense of style, and is just starting out in the blogging world.  I'd love it if you'd check out her site, and maybe send a little encouragement her way!*

No comments:

Post a Comment