Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We're Bach!

Ha ha, I totally made a typo in the title, but then I realized I liked it. If you were wondering how to sum up my sense of humor, that's it right there.

So, I'll keep this short, and try to let my photos do the talking. We just arrived home from a weekend in Wisconsin, where the 80 degree weather was a welcome break from the triple digits we've had here at home. I must say, other than seeing lightning bolts out the plane window as we were about to land, it was pretty uneventful. You'd think with attending a wedding and being in another quadrant of the country, there'd be tons of excitement and drama, but not so much. Just good times with family, some of which I hadn't seen in years!

First: what three hours in a carseat will do to your hair!





Next, my attempts at doing outfit shots without a tripod. A hotel headboard and some stairs do not a tripod make...





After we unpacked at the condo, we headed over to the Madison Children's Museum, where they had this adorable little vintage (inspired - note the LOVE PINK blazer intermixed there) dress-up nook. Way to encourage little ones to play with fashion, kudos to the curators on that one!









Some more shots from the museum:







As we were walking back to the car, I snapped some random pictures of downtown Madison. I gotta say, the chalk written on the sidewalk is surely some deep statement on politics, but it just made me say "Huh?" I go out of my way to avoid anything political, so I guess I've done a good job of not educating myself!









Another example of my sense of humor:



And, finally, a close-up on my earrings. The look was centered around comfort, since I would be schlepping a toddler around an airport by myself, and then traveling pretty much all day. The jewelry was relegated to these earrings, an old favorite of mine.



Outfit Details:
Shirt: Gap Outlet, $8
Undershirt: Maternity Tank, $10
Jeans: Wal-Mart, $12
Earrings: Icing by Claire's, $0.50 (old)
Shoes: Converse, $45

No comments:

Post a Comment